The next few years should see great advancements in the design, manufacture and availability of electric trucks, including large trucks used for hauling, transportation and general use.
In the radar:
- The Tesla Cybertruck. Designed for truck utility and sports car performance. E-range will deliver an astounding 805 km with production expected to begin late this year.
- Ford F-150 Electric Truck. Already available in a hybrid, the popular F-150 fully electric model should arrive some time in 2022. Bragging rights include the ability to haul or tow serious loads, and aerodynamic efficiency. E-range (extended) is expected to be about 480 km or 300 miles.
- Toyota Tunda or Tacoma, we’re not sure yet, although plans are confirmed to produce a hybrid and battery-electric models due for production next year. More details are pending, including E-range, and pricing.
- Rivian R1T hit the road in June, with all first edition models spoken for. Built to deliver endurance, power and reliability through Canada’s cold winters, estimated E-range will be 650 km.
- Subaru Solterra EV is expected to arrive in Canada by 2023, so keep this model in your sightline… more details are pending.
Call Advance Auto Service for vehicle repairs in Kamloops. You can count on us for reliable car and truck repairs, parts and maintenance at a fair price. We keep up to date on the latest technologies trending in the electric vehicle industry, and make it our goal to serve drivers with the best auto repairs in Kamloops.
Would you like to work with our growing team? Check out our CAREERS page.
From the team at Advance Auto Service in Kamloops