In early 2022, the MotorTrend media company assessed many top-selling models in the performance car sector to determine a short list of finalists for the prestigious ranking of 2022 MotorTrend Performance Car of the Year. The top 9 cars each embody MotorTrend’s criteria of excellence in categories such as speed, handling, acceleration, and horsepower. Exterior aesthetics and interior styling are also major contributing factors when deciding the winner, but it is the vehicle’s overall superiority that makes it worthy of MotorTrend’s top prize in this category.
With the number of performance vehicles on the market for 2022, it was a challenge for MotorTrend to narrow down the field. The following models were the finalists for 2022 MotorTrend Performance Car of the Year:
- 2022 BMW M3 Competition features a 3.0-litre twin-turbo inline-six engine and sizeable front grill, which allows for increased engine bay airflow.
- 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing features a 3.6-litre twin-turbo V-6 engine and luxury compact sedan styling.
- 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing features a supercharged 668 horsepower V-8 engine.
- 2021 Hyundai Veloster N features a sport design, hatchback styling, and raw and tactile handling.
- 2021 Lamborghini Huracán STO features futuristic “racecar” styling and 5.2-litre V-10 engine
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series features a sporty low-floor design and 4.0-litre twin-turbo flat-plane-crank V-8 engine.
- 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 features classic Porsche styling, smooth and responsive handling, and 6-cylinder turbo 3.0-litre engine.
- 2022 Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT features Porsche power and handling in an SUV with an aggressive 4.0 litre twin-turbo V-8 engine.
- 2022 Toyota GR86 features rear-wheel drive, automatic transmission, and peppy 2.4-litre I-4 engine.
With its sleek design, classic interior styling, and powerful 502 horsepower engine, the 2022 MotorTrend Performance Car of the Year is the 2022 Porsche 911 GT3. Noted for its torque and what MotorTrend describes as the “best manual transmission in automotive history,” this new-model GT delivers superior speed, handling, and power in a sleek and sophisticated package.
Trust Us with Your Automobile
Whether it’s a performance tune-up, or regular maintenance for your truck, with two locations in Kamloops to serve you, we will provide you with reliable service and parts every time. From brake repairs to transmission upgrades, our trained automotive technicians offer dependable automotive service to keep your vehicle performing at its best. Give us a call today with your questions or to book an appointment.
From the team at Advance Auto Service in Kamloops